Oh, hey bros. It's me, your friendly neighborhood Anna. :D My super sweet pal, Emma, from Little Motley has nominated me for the Liebster Award. You've probably heard of it. It's basically just a way of spreading the word about really cool up-and-coming bloggers who have only a modest following. By modest following, I mean that the nominated blogger has fewer than 200 followers.
I guess it's also kind of like a crazy chain letter on a massive scale except more meaningful and without the dire consequences that are usually attached. Haha. ;D Basically, as a nominee, I must share 11 things about myself with you all; answer 11 questions submitted by the person who nominated me; then nominate 11 bloggers and submit 11 questions for them to answer. If you're curious about the origins of this award (as I most certainly was hehe), then click here! OK. Got it? Get it? Good. Let's go!
I forgot to mention that there are NO TAG BACKS! So, don't list the blogger who nominated you when you make up your list of 11 bloggers. :D Sorry I suck. I should have said this two days ago! - 4/15/13
- 11 Things About Me -
1. I can't stand a wet shower. Let me explain. I refuse to take a shower after someone else has been in the shower. I have to be the first person in there AND the shower has to be dry. I also stand on my tippy-toes in the shower. I've been doing it since I was little. Needless to say, I have strong calves. Heh.
2. I'm a religious skeptic. I believe there is no such thing as 'god' as it is personified by various cultures. I think 'god' is in the mind. See Carl Jung, Scott M. Peck, etc.
3. I'm moody. Anyone that knows me knows THAT. Classic Janus.
4. I'm not afraid of death, but I can't think of people I care about dying. It's intensely emotional for me.
5. I stole a book from my elementary school book fair, once. It was a love story. My mom gave me a bag of quarters to buy books and I used most of them up. I didn't have enough for the aforementioned book, so I took it. I remember thinking that the cops were going to come take me out of my classroom. I was so nervous and scared. I was just a little girl, after all. A little girl that loved to read. Anyway, that's the only thing I've ever stolen in my life.
6. I'm a loner. I love my alone time. Being around people more often than not agitates me, especially if I'm around people I don't know.
7. I'm a very deep sleeper. The house next to my parent's house burned down one night. There were sirens, fire trucks, police cars. I didn't hear a thing. I didn't know about the fire until I went outside to put mail in the mailbox the next morning.
8. I'm directionally challenged and spastic. I get nervous when I have to go anywhere I've never been before. I map out EVERYTHING, no matter if I'm walking, biking, driving, it doesn't matter. I easily get turned around and lost.
9. I haven't been to many places around the world and I regret it. I've lived in Japan and I've been to Jamaica many times to visit family. I've vacationed in Costa Rica and spent a little time in Amsterdam, but that's about it. So, my passion is to make as much money as I can to fund my wanderlust.
10. I find much solace in my mind much of the time. I'm very introspective. I find that my imagination is more entertaining than real life. So I am often bored and unsatisfied with my life.
11. I can't stand the sound of my voice being played back to me.
- My Answers to Emma's Questions -
Answer: I love houses made of brick. The color of the brick doesn't matter that much, but if I had to choose, I'd say a deep red like this.
2. Tea, coffee, or other (specify)?
Answer: I used to drink only tea. Now, I'm all about coffee to the point of borderline snobbery. Haha. I started drinking coffee on a regular basis (once or twice each week) about four years ago.
3) Guilty pleasure?
Answer: Trashy reality TV.
4) A link to your favorite dessert recipe?
Answer: Chocolate Puddings: So easy, even I could make it and I did, twice! :P
5) Who are your three biggest style influences?
Answer: I don't really have anyone that I follow who has an influence on my style. What I mean is, I don't see someone wearing an outfit and then try to incorporate that style into my own. It doesn't feel genuine. That being said, I do have some people whose styles I really admire: (a) kaylahadlington,
(b) CouleurSpleen and (c) cherrycolla
6) What was the last book you read, and/or the last song you listened to? Be honest.
Answer: The Wheel of Time: Book Four.
7) Do you wear perfume? If so, what kind?
8) What's a clothing website you like that you think we may not have heard of? (Etsy shops or Ebay stores count).
Answer: TIL Darling
9) Earliest memory?
Answer: Getting lost in my neighborhood as a child, because I saw a rainbow and I thought that if I kept walking towards it, I could touch it. I know, right? What a frackin' idiot.
10) What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy afternoon?
Answer: Play video games.
11) If you could have any pet, what would it be? This does not have to be realistic.
Answer: A fennec fox =)
- The 11 Bloggers I Have Nominated for the Liebster Award -
1. Never Fully Dressed
2. Miss Decaf
3. Idealism Never Goes Out of Fashion
4. High Socks
5. Miss Green
6. Our Mode
7. Recycling Fashion
8. The Clothierin
9. The Skinny Fashionista
10. Colour Spleen
11. MadTown Gals
- My 11 Questions for Those Liebster Nominees -
1. Why did you start a fashion blog?
2. What did you want to be when you grew up?
3. What is your favorite hobby?
4. When you're in trouble, who is the person you always go to for help?
5. Would you rather be incredibly intelligent (and unattractive) or incredibly beautiful (and dumb)?
6. Who is your favorite clothing designer?
7. Do you have a pet or pet(s)? If so, what kind and what are their names? :D
8. What is your happiest memory?
9. What is your worst memory? (Feel free to opt out of this one!)
10. What do you fear the most?
11. What is the one thing you would hope to have done before you ceased to exist?
Thank you, Emma! <3